Terms and Conditions - Bookings
Hotel Bedroom - Policies and Terms and Conditions
Please find below details of our hotel bedroom policies and terms and conditions on items such as payment, check-in times, late check outs etc.
1. ‘Check-in’ time is from 15:00 hrs to 22.30 hrs (to request an early or late check-in please contact the hotel reception).
2. Payment – Please be aware all bookings are pre-paid. Your card will be charged before arrival via our secure site ‘Secure Trading’. The hotel does not store your card details. We charge your card via an encrypted link to ‘Secure Trading’.
3. Credit/ Debit card details with a preauthorisation are required in order to enable charging to your room account. Once your ‘Daily Extras Account’ i.e. Food and Beverage, is in excess of £100.00. It is our policy to charge your card for the amount outstanding at that point. Full credit facilities must be pre-arranged with the hotel.
4. Security Deposit – All rooms require a Credit/ Debit card guarantee. If this is not available and you are paying by cash, it is our policy that you must pay a £100.00 security deposit, which we will hold till your departure.
5. In the case of a third party booking (if you are booking for someone else), the actual guest staying must give a credit card or cash security deposit and photographic id on arrival.
6. Under Smoking, Health and Social Care Act (Scotland) 2005, it is against the law to smoke in any part of the building. A charge of £200 will be applied to your room account should you smoke or permit smoking in your bedroom.
7. All residents should be 18 years or older, any younger guests must be accompanied by an adult (person 18 years or older).
8. The Hotel reserves the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card.
9. The Hotel reserves the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or firefighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the hotel due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the hotel. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion. Should the fact that firefighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests’ credit / debit card.
10. It is the hotel’s policy that all our guests have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behaviour. Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Duty Manager, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Duty Manager, the hotel reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion or guests may be asked to leave the hotel.
11. Group reservations
All bookings of 6 rooms or more are regarded as group bookings. In order to make group reservations it is subject to a group or allocation booking agreement being fully completed and issued.
All signed agreements must be received at the hotel by 5.00pm on the ‘agreement expiry date’ stated on the group or allocation booking agreement. Should this not be completed by this date, the group or allocation will be released and subject to re-quotation and availability of accommodation space.
At the point of returning the signed agreement, the appropriate guarantee must be provided at this point. This will consist of a deposit of a minimum 25% of the overall total booking value. This excludes companies or agents with active credit accounts with the hotel, on the condition the total booking value of the group is within the credit limit awarded.
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast & All Inclusive packages are subject to the availability of dining space, a supplementary charge of £5 per person applies for private dining.
The client is liable to meet the payment agreement otherwise the group will be released and space will be subject to availability and re-quotation of rate.
In the event of non-arrival for the stay, the cost of 100% charge will apply. This will be applied to the account, charged to a credit card or credited or from any deposit held. All additional room nights applicable to any guests that have not arrived will be released for re-sale.
In the instance where the guests are settling their accounts direct with the hotel, the client is liable to all non-arrival and late cancellation charges that have not been settled with the hotel.
A rooming list for all attendees and a list of dietary requirements will be required a minimum of 14 nights prior to the date of arrival of the group.
Any reservations for dining facilities must be made a minimum of 14 days prior to the arrival date at the hotel. These can be made as part of the initial booking and private facilities for dining are subject to availability of space.
The client accepts without exception the hotels absolute right to refuse accommodation and/or any other services to any person(s) who in the sole discretion of the hotel is or may act in a way act in a way as to interrupt the smooth running of the hotel.
Guests’ liability for their account is not waived and guests agree to be held personally liable in the event that any indicated person, group, company or association fails to pay all or part of any charges.
12. ‘Check-out’ time is by 11:00 hrs; if you check out after this time you will automatically be charged for a ‘Late Check-out’ at £30.00.
13. A late checkout till 14:00 hrs can be arranged for an additional cost of £30.00; any later than 14:00 hrs will be charged as a full stay at that day’s best available rate. Late checkout is subjected to availability and must be pre-arranged. Please contact reception for further details.
14. Under the Hotel Proprietor’s Act 1956, Hotel will not accept any liability for any guest items not secured correctly.
15. Reservations cannot be cancelled or amended or transferred unless otherwise agreed between the Hotel and the client.
16. In case of a no show customer will be charged the full amount of the whole stay. All no show charges are non-refundable.
17. We have free onsite parking. All cars left on site are at the owners own risk and the management cannot accept any responsibly.