In The Spirit of Outlander Wedding
At Cringletie House, we make dreams come true! Have you thought about making your special day even more special with the theme of Outlander? We can make it happen!
We have a special wedding package with all the details for a truly unforgettable wedding including contemporary dinner, piper, and traditional hand tie ceremony. Why not complete it all with a tour to see all the beautiful filming locations from the TV series?!
Photo courtesy of Nicola Jo Cully for Paca
Cringletie House is set in 28 acres of spectacular grounds just north of the Scottish Borders town of Peebles. Undoubtedly one of the best venues for a wedding in the Scottish Borders, we welcome small and large weddings as well as civil partnerships.
We have 13 beautifully appointed rooms in the main house. Cottages in the grounds may also be available for hire and they can accommodate 6 guests in total per cottage. This means we can cater for up to 26 resident guests in house and a further 12-18 in the cottages (prices for the cottages on application). We can accommodate up to 100 guests in total for your ceremony and reception. The house is available for exclusive use at all times but if your celebration is smaller we just need a minimum of 2 people!
We are licensed to hold civil and religious wedding ceremonies in the house and in the grounds and can take care of every last detail to ensure your big day runs smoothly. The house is all about comfort, relaxation and personal touches.
Wedding Package Includes
- Ceremony & Reception room hire
- Choose from a Piper or drummer for ceremony and wedding breakfast entrance
- Use of Outlander tartan hand tie for the traditional hand fastening ceremony
- Use of Official Outlander tartan stole for the bride
- Use of Official Outlander tartan pocket square or bowtie for the groom
- Outlander inspired bouquet and button holes
- Use of the doocot & 17th century walled garden for photos
- Authentic Jacobite wedding banquet
- A glass of Rhenish styled wine to toast the happy couple
- Use of Outlander inspired goblets for the toast
- Outlander inspired wedding cake
- Sword to cut the cake
- Table Plan, Place cards and Menus
- Highland dancers to entertain your guests
- Accommodation in the Master Suite for the Bride & Groom
- Exclusive Outlander film locations tour for the Bride & Groom
Additional extra enhancements to the day available on request include:
- Outlander tour Photoshoot
- Outlander Cast Members
- Personalised Outlander tartan hand tie
We can offer the entire castle for ‘exclusive use’ where you can be Lord & Lady of your very own Lallybroch
For the special day or just keep your chosen rooms private for you and your guests. The choice is yours.
To speak with one of our wedding organisers for full details and costs please CLICK HERE
* Inspired by the Diana Gabaldon Outlander series of books and Starz TV series and not endorsed or supported by Diana Gabaldon or Starz in anyway